Monday, December 26, 2011

Disneyland Hotel


My sister, who lives north of Seattle, and her extended family are in Southern California for the holidays.  It's been wonderful having them so close for Christmas.  The most fun, though, was when 19 of us, including three toddlers, descended on Disneyland.  The last time I went to Anaheim with young ones was when my sister's kids were little. Now here I was with my niece and her two-year-old son!  Time certainly flies when you're not looking. 

Since everyone lives out-of-state, we arrived when the park opened at 8AM and stayed almost till closing.  Tim and I wisely reserved a room that night at the recently renovated Disneyland Hotel.  And lucky, too, because my pedometer (I've been trying to maintain a daily 10,000 steps regimen) clocked over 24,000 steps—more than 13 miles that day! An even bigger surprise was when our room was upgraded to a suite on the eleventh floor of the hotel's Frontier building.  As you can see below, the view was absolutely phenomenal.  


Matterhorn and Downtown Disney in the foreground

California Adventure's Bear Mountain and Tower of Terror
and Grand Californian hotel in foreground

California Adventure between Grand Californian
and Paradise Pier hotels (click on image to see new
Cars Land under construction in the background)

Looking west to downtown L.A. (!)

New hotel carpeting

Breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen

Merry Christmas!

No comments: