Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Lakers Parade

In case you don’t follow basketball: the Lakers won the championship Thursday night in a nail-biting (even by my non-fan standards) come-from-behind game. Life has now returned to normal; but first, Tim had to help set-up a remote broadcast from the victory parade through downtown L.A. yesterday morning. He got up at 4:30AM to be there by 5:30AM. I quickly fell back to sleep after he kissed me good-bye. The phone rang two hours later. No surprise: it was Tim.

“Quick! Put on the TV, channel 692. I think I’m on camera!” he whispered excitedly.

I ran to the living room and turned on the satellite. Sure enough, there was my husband walking behind the announcers, who were still deconstructing the game four days later. I burst out laughing and called his cell.

“You’re sticking out like a sore thumb in your white t-shirt!” I exclaimed. “What are you doing?”

“Trying to get out of the way,” he explained. “The producer is madly waving me out of here.”

But there he was again, five minutes later, pretending to lay down some extension cords. Tim never met a TV camera he didn’t like. This went on for several minutes until the phone rang once more.

“Start the tivo so I can see myself when I get home!” he said. And so I hit the record button and headed toward the shower.

Here are a couple of photos I took off the TV. Can you spot the interloper pretending to work behind the announcers?







Oh yeah, the parade was a big success and the broadcast went off without a hitch. Altogether a banner day for my husband.

3 comments:

Ginny said...

Go Tim go.

Oleg K. said...

That's classic. Very inconspicuous.

beckie said...

Thats hilarious.